Who are Phoenix?
Phoenix, their philosophy is simple – they aim to be the UK’s leading IT solution and service provider, with a forward-thinking approach and a friendly atmosphere.
Working for Phoenix, you’ll be given the support you need to get things done and deliver the best end-to-end experience for their customers. You’ll be inspired by their successes, recognised for your contribution to them, and constantly challenged to try something new. At Phoenix, we’re confident you’ll thrive.
According to colleagues, what makes Phoenix Software a great place to work is the teamwork. From getting to know clients and understanding their needs, to enabling users and their organisations to do more with less – people are always at the heart of what they do. They’re proud of the individuals that they work with and are committed to helping each of them to reach their full potential. They encourage. They develop. They challenge. They support.
If this sounds like the kind of place you’d like to work, apply now and unlock your potential.
Let’s be passionate about employees and our customers.
We act with integrity at all times.
We work together and collaborate across all teams.
Be kind and respectful to all people, all of the time.
Let’s get business done and have fun doing it.
Diversity and Inclusion
Click to Expand
This network covers a large range of important topics including race, sexuality, accessibility and gender. We’re really proud to be a signatory on the Race at Work Charter and actively involved in the Women in IT Network, set up by women to encourage more women into the technology industry. We’re also a Disability Confident Committed employer.
Click To Expand
We have signed the Mind Time to Change Employer Pledge, which means we are committed to helping to remove the stigma and discrimination often associated with mental health conditions. By joining this network staff can be involved in organising actives to help us achieve this and ensure we fulfil our commitment to the pledge.
Click to expand
The charity network runs fund raising activities throughout the year for our chosen charities and has previously organised events for World Mental Health Day, Children in Need, Shoeboxes for Children and many other worthy causes.
Click to expand
Coming soon… Join Team Phoenix and you could become part of shaping our business into an even more environmentally friendly workplace.
Intequal are currently recruiting on behalf of Phoenix for talented individuals who can help grow and develop the company’s client base, whilst learning new sales techniques in the process.
As a Sales Consultant your main role and responsibilities will be:
- To increase the numbers of trading customers.
- To market all relevant products and service offerings.
- To proactively uncover, understand and record prospective clients’ key projects and initiatives.
- To ensure Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) are met, these will be defined by your manager.
- To liaise with other departments to make sure client requests are dealt with efficiently and effectively.
- To achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction throughout the Phoenix sales lifecycle
- To respond to all requests to a high standard and in a timely manner.
- To maintain appropriate customer records on the Phoenix sales order processing system.
Examples of the first year’s performance include:
- Attendance to all training
- Bringing on a minimum of 12 new customers over the first 12 months
- Completing the Microsoft 365 Fundamentals exam
- Get licensing ready by completing all relevant training
- Customer meetings/calls:
o 3-6 months: 1 per week
o 6-9 months: 6 per month
o 9-12 months: 8 per month.
Just a few of the reasons why Phoenix is a great place to work:
- Fantastic work/life balance with specific, measured procedures put in place to support you and your wellbeing and prevent burnout
- A fully paid wellbeing hour in addition to that day’s breaks every month to spend outside of work doing whatever makes you happy
- Progression opportunities at every level from entry to senior management
- As a socially responsible employer, they frequently hold charity fundraising events and offer all employees an optional fully paid volunteering day per annum
- Outstanding staff retention rates with a significant number of their employees with them for more than 15 years of their 30 years in business
- £100 support package for your home working set up
- Fully-funded training programmes to help you to grow and progress via eLearning and in their high-tech training suite
- On-site leisure facilities, plus company activities and team sports for you to join. They are also adjacent to a well-equipped local gym facility, offering preferential rates to Phoenix employees
- A whole host of team perks, such as seasonal parties, team nights out, trips abroad, and regular incentives
- Free parking on-site in their spacious car parks with electric car charging points available on-site
- A modern office environment enhanced by a beautiful rural location and a 2019 project with £1 million invested into the buildings to create an inspirational working environment.
Personal Development Support
Phoenix have employed several apprentices over the years and enjoy helping people kickstart their careers. You will have a devoted line manager within the business who will be there to support you in the practical side of the role, as well as a dedicated mentor (Pathway Planner) at Intequal, who will guide you through the theory aspect. Both will help you to realise and unlock your potential, and will aim to help you succeed.
Phoenix are looking for individuals who are driven, motivated and strive for success!
You will be hardworking and enthusiastic with a love of learning.
If you are a brilliant communicator, an intuitive problem-solver, have excellent organisation skills and want to deliver fantastic customer service, then we want to hear from you.
Opportunity for Career Progression
A Sales Executive role upon completion of the apprenticeship is on offer, with earnings of £25k upwards. Following this, the potential career path could see successful apprentices going on to become Senior Sales Executives after 3 years, and Major Account Managers after 4 years.
Microsoft UK Partner of the Year 2021 winner!
Qualifications & Training
The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career within technology. You will have a friendly personality, be able to work as part of a team and provide fantastic customer service. The company are looking for someone with a positive, highly self-motivating, can-do attitude and who isn’t afraid to ask questions.
To be considered for this role, you must have at least a C/4 grade for both GCSE Maths & English, and in three or four other subjects at least. You should have a GCSE, BTEC or A Level in ICT or at least hands-on experience with the workings of computers and IT.
- You will be highly organised, have excellent communication skills and a brilliant telephone manner.
- You will have a desire to succeed.
- You will have a passion for learning.
- You will possess a willingness to try new things and the ability to recover from failure/setbacks.
- You will be committed to seeing jobs through to successful conclusions.
- You will be a strong team player and have a brilliant work ethic.
- An interest in sales and technology is mandatory.
You will be enrolled onto the Microsoft Technical Sales Apprenticeship and work towards gaining MTA qualifications in Cloud Fundamentals as well as a City & Guilds Level 3 ICT Diploma, gaining an understanding of the sales process, interpersonal communications, planning, making and closing calls, objection handling and meeting objectives.
This apprenticeship is delivered remotely using the very latest Microsoft technologies via a live virtual classroom. This apprenticeship teaches the fundamental core sales skills and techniques for anybody looking to kick-start a career in Technical Sales.
Need to know
Location: Pocklington, YO42
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £ 20,000.00 (Annually)
Holiday Entitlement: 25 days annual leave per year, plus Bank Holidays
Future Prospects: A Sales Executive role upon completion of the apprenticeship is on offer, with earnings of £25k upwards. Following this, the potential career path could see successful apprentices going on to become Senior Sales Executives after 3 years, and Major Account Managers after 4 years.
Please note that your commute may be taken into consideration when we review your application, in line with our safeguarding practices.