Here at Intequal, we shape the next generation of IT and digital specialists.
We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate IT/Digital professional to join our pioneering business as IT/Digital Assessor/Trainer (or as we call it a Pathway Planner). You will support our goal to deliver high quality, innovative teaching and learning and help our learners achieve their apprenticeships.
Whether you are already delivering in a similar role with experience of delivering inspirational coaching within the IT/Digital sector OR you have occupational experience within IT/Digital sector, in particular in infrastructure support, IT Helpdesk support, Cloud infrastructure, or digital marketing (to name a few) this is where you can have the opportunity to help shape the next generation of IT and digital specialists and reduce the UK skills gap.
The Job Role
You will be mentoring, coaching, supporting and teaching groups of learners enrolled on the IT Apprenticeships and related digital programmes. This activity must engage and stimulate the learners to enable a high learner timely achievement rate to be achieved. This role will also require direct liaison with learner employers to ensure they are fully aware of progress and any potential issues
- Once Sales team has received the signed contract: arranges 1st meeting to complete enrolment documentation, provide programme information and review. Each apprentice and line manager taken through schedule with key milestones.
- Plans course and component parts for the duration of the programme. Tutors identified for each module/vendor programme and contact details. Review of how remote delivery works.
- Plans point at which synoptic assessment date will be agreed and reviews what is required. Identifies month for Gateway/Threshold to be reached.
- Explains 20% off the job training and role of the company in fulfilling this.
- Explains training and outcomes and monthly documentation required.
- Show use of Learning Assistant and building of portfolio of evidence.
- Identifies key policy documents and where these are located on Learning Assistant.
- Liaises as required with expert on the team where the planner has an apprentice who is on a specialist standard.
- Monthly RAG review of apprentices allocated. IQA review undertaken on a monthly basis. Information available from PICS. Works with trainers to gain knowledge of progress and any problems.
- Works with the Planner Coordinator to ensure that all apprentices are on target.
Who we are looking for?
Essential Skills and Experience
- Existing occupational experience as an IT/Digital Assessor/Trainer or significant experience within the sector.
- Educated to GCSE level grade C or above including Maths & English (or equivalent)
- An Assessing qualification is desirable but not essential
- Teaching qualification (PGCE, PTTLS) is desirable but not essential
- IT Qualifications (For example: CompTIA, CISCO, MCT, Azure, Cyber, etc)
- Digital Marketing qualification (min. L3) – desirable
- Experience of delivering quality training or coaching within a previous role is an advantage.
- Good communication and presentation skills, oral and written
- Time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to work with the minimum of supervision and use initiative
- Ability to motivate, stimulate and support learners
- Ability to identify and coach/mentor learners through potential barriers
- Ability to adapt to situations to ensure best outcomes for learners and organisation
- Enthusiasm to learn and deliver new standards and improve CPD.
- Full valid driving licence
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- A natural at supporting and motivating learners in education, promoting independent and peer to peer learning?
- A creative and forward thinker who can adapt to new challenges and use your initiative?
- Reliable, self-disciplined and calm under pressure?
- Self-motivated, organised and extremely adaptable?
Intequal is an IT training provider with an excellent reputation in the industry and a grade 2 “Good” OFSTED rating. We currently have a 100% Apprenticeship pass rate, with 41% of our learners gaining Distinctions. We are keen to maintain the quality that our dedicated team of IT Assessors and Trainers have successfully built up.
So, if you have successfully assessed Digital and IT apprentices, have taken responsibility for getting them through to EPA and enjoy taking the initiative, Intequal could take your IT Assessor career forward.
Get in touch with us to discuss, as we would love to hear from you. Apply now!
Perks of the Job
Take 35 days paid holiday per year with our compliments, plus savings through our online community platform from money off top brands to discounts on days out. We also offer 6% pension and an Employee Assistance Programme, with wellbeing and mental health our No.1 priority.
On top of that, we offer additional CPD qualifications for each IT Assessor, making a winning benefits package.
Get in touch with us to discuss as we would love to hear from you. Apply now!