Free online digital training courses available in the West Midlands region
Working with West Midlands Combined Authorities (WMCA) we are able to provide opportunities for eligible adults* to engage in learning by either:
- Upskilling/re-skilling if you are unemployed currently or have just lost your job as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic
- Gaining specialist training and/or adapting to new ways of working by upskilling e.g. digital, team leading etc if you are currently in employment.
Must be available to start this Summer! Sign-up now, Spaces Limited!
*Please refer to our eligibility criteria below
We are offering – online tutored courses available for FREE
Review our range of courses, check if you’re eligible and get in touch to enrol on one of courses.
Our online training courses consist of 2 x 2hour tutor-led training sessions per week, some self-study and 1 x exam to gain certification.
7 Digital Courses
*Eligibility Criteria for the free online digital training
- In employment and earning under £17,500
- You live in – Birmingham, Coventry, Dudley, Sandwell, Solihull, Walsall and Wolverhampton
- Aged 19+
This offer is subject to eligibility being confirmed by a member of our team.
– build an understanding of Core Programming, Object-Oriented Programming, General Software Development, Web Applications, Desktop Applications and Databases.
• Understand General Software Development
• Understand Web Applications
• Understand Desktop Applications
• Understand Databases
– develops an understanding of wireless networking, IP addressing, wide area and local area networks, routers, switches, and the OSI model.
• Networking infrastructures
• Network hardware
• Protocols and services
– this course provides key business knowledge around a range of digital marketing principles, strategies and techniques so by the end of the programme you will be able to:
- Understand and apply basic marketing principles
- Understand the role of customer relationship marketing
- Understand how teams work effectively to deliver digital marketing campaigns and can deliver accordingly
- Understand and apply the customer lifecycle
- Understand the main components of digital and social media
– gives learners a full-stack appreciation of the software development field. We will also explore the fundamentals of database creation and management.
• Core database concepts
• Relational database concepts
• Security requirements for databases
• Graphical tools and T-SQL scripts
• Stored procedures
– build an understanding on the range of concepts, approaches, tools and techniques that are applicable to Data Analysts.
- Data processing and tools
- Statistical computing
- Data quality techniques
- Big data
- Testing techniques and presenting results
This module involves a deep dive into the key concepts involved in data analysis.
- Types of data
- The data lifecycle
- Structured and unstructured data
- Data requirements
- Compliance and audits
- Data architecture and domain context.
Learn the basics, principles and terminology around ITIL. A widely used approach to IT Service Management that helps businesses align their IT services to their business and customer need.
- Understand the key concepts of service management
- Understand how the ITIL guiding principles can help and organisation adapt service management
- Understand the four dimensions of service management
- Understand the purpose and components of the ITIL service value system
- Understand the activities of the service value chain, and how they interconnect
- Know the purpose and key terms of 15 ITIL practices
- Understand 7 ITIL practices
Easy As 1…2…3…
From Digital Marketing to Software Development – we have a range of fantastic tutor lead courses to enahnce or gain new skills in these areas.
Ready to get started?
Get in touch and enrol today!